Forum home Garden design

Time to go to bed

2»

• I appreciate and take on board everyone's comments. I personally do it this way and have done so for the last three years. It works for me, and come the spring time the bulbs start to come up and then I remove the fleece. Everyone gardens there own way. Happy gardening. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,889
    It certainly does no harm Jacqueline, but you're giving yourself a lot iof unnecessary work  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,543
    You're right Jacqueline and I can see the point of the wire to protect the bulbs but not the fleece.   Apart from anything else it's made from plastic and when it becomes unusable it can't be recycled and will end up in the oceans........   Maybe try something else?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • I am sorry but it is my garden and this is how I like to do things. I appreciate your feedback, but please do not inform me about the plastic. I am well aware of all of that and wholeheartedly will try my upmost to do my bit for the planet. I think people are going a bit to far with their opinions. As we say each to their own, sorry do not want to offend anyone on here, but I only said what I have done, and I get a run down of why I should not be doing it and saving the planet. !!!!!!!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,543
    Fine.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,053
    edited October 2018
    @Jacqueline29. Because of your post I fleeced and bubbled wrapped my agapathus. If it works for you and other forum members who think it is a good idea, then that is a good post.

I have not had a squirrel problem yet with bulbs, but my goodness, one of the little blighters (very cute) was almost into my bedroom window, so plastic armoury might be needed in the next few days.
    SW Scotland