New look digital magazine, what do you think?

hi everyone. I received my update to the Gardeners’ world digital subscription yesterday along with the November isssue. What a disappointment. No more the feel of a magazine, rather a series of web pages which neither feel or flow like a real mag. 
Anyone else using the digital version, what do you think of the new layout?

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 22,474
    I don't subscribe Jacqui, so can't help you, but my post will bump up your query if nothing else, and others might see it  :)
    There's a gypsy down on Bleecker Street
    I went in to see her as a kind of joke
    And she lit a candle for my love luck
    And eighteen bucks went up in smoke

• barry islandbarry island Posts: 462
    I don't subscribe either but when I got my allotment plot I started buying Grow your own magazine, I really enjoyed that for 12 months or so and then as I got into growing fruit and veg I found that I was reading more or less the same information over again. Then they increased the price by £1 in one hit so I stopped buying it. I still have all the back numbers as I can't abide throwing magazines away, good job that I stopped buying them I suppose, a digital magazine may not be so bad after all for someone like me.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,427
    I don't subscribe to either the paper or the digital editions of Gardeners’ world. But I subscribe to the paper edition of Gardens Illustrated.
    I also subscribe to 3 French magazines, including a gardening magazine.
    For those 3 French magazines, the subscription for the paper version includes gratis the digital version. But for both GW and GI magazines you have to pay separately for the two versions. In my opinion that is a veritable rip-off, especially seeing that the digital version costs next to nothing to the publishers. British subscribers should protest... along with the anti-Brexit protesters. ;)
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 462
    Politics Timothy?
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 2,657
    Papi Joe.  You'd better make the most of the next few issues of Gardens Illustrated.  The French will blockade anything in English come Brexit Day. :)
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,427
    KT53 said:
    Papi Joe.  You'd better make the most of the next few issues of Gardens Illustrated.  The French will blockade anything in English come Brexit Day. :)
    Hopefully not. :'(
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,142
    I get the RHS' The Garden every month as part of my RHS subscription.  It covers RHS gardens and events plus new research, new plants, plant trials and visits to gardens of interest.

I don't subscribe to any other magazines now because I found them all repetitive over the years and also expensive after the first few years in Belgium when GW and all my other mags stopped including the freebies in the posted versions.  I then discovered it was cheaper to buy the same magazines with freebies from newsagents in high ex-pat areas and could pick and choose which issue.   

I found a GW magazine at Nantes airport last Xmas and bought it for the calendar as much as anything.  I'll buy it again if I see one this year.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KiliKili Posts: 60
    edited 24 October
    I took out a one year paper subscription soon to end. After receiving this months edition with no fewer than 10 pieces of adverting leaflets within it and finding the magazine rather shambolic in its content and very limited content I wont be renewing the subscription. I realise it must be difficult to find new content but if the seasons content went into more depth in what to do and how to do it which is one of the reasons I tried it I would have more interest in the magazine but as it is now no. Not for me.

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 1,643
    I'm wondering if we do have any digital subscribers on here ? I have been getting the paper copy for years, bought it as a Christmas present subscription for my mum years ago and then took it over myself. 
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Posts: 37
    I have to agree with the fact that after a while content of any magazine can become repetitive, also I heartily agree that paying the same for a digital edition as a paper one is not right when we don’t get the freebies etc.

I find that I come on this forum and learn lots from skulking around!
    So I may be dumping the subscription but staying around here.