Help Identifying a Garden 'makeover' freeview TV programme from the early 2000s

OK I don't really know if this is the right place to ask! and is a bit cheeky for a 1st post but after an hour+ search on google going round in circles and getting know where I figured the best place to ask was here. So Hi!

OK SO, It must have been around between 2002-2004 that ONE of the many UK freeview channels showed a sort of day-time trashy garden makeover show (I say many because by 2003 there were already a lot of channels!) It deffo wasn't BBC though. It featured a trio gang (I think! no more than 3?) gardeners, one I think was from Dorset and they basically did a makeover of a garden which usually resolved around, how do we fit DECKING into this design. (cause decking was still obviously a thing then). Anyone know what this show was called? The main Dorset guy was always really enthusiastic and optimistic, there was a long hair guy who did the actual designing and lifting. If there was a 3rd person I can't remember what he/she did. I think the 3 of them travel around on some kind of truck and at the end of the show it would always have them driving off into the sunset haha.

I've done countless searching. It was usually shown in the evening around 18:00pm and being a 'trashy' sort of repeat/re-run channel you sometimes got 2 back to back. I wasn't Garden Revivals, Ground Force, City Garden, Grand Designs, My Favourite Garden. any of them. Yet I feel it was still watched by a fair few people.

Thanks if anyone can help. and if this gets moved or deleted for not being the right topic, so bet it I guess.

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,916
    The builder chap from Ground Force did do a programme like that with another couple of folk. Can't remember either his name or the name of the programme though. Ahh - Tommy Walsh...….…. did programmes on Discovery channel.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • crazymike99crazymike99 ukPosts: 4
    edited October 2018
    ah Tommy Walsh, no he wasn't in it. I do remember him though. I think the program you're thinking of was Garden Rescue. No wasn't that.
    The main problem is I can't even remember the name of the channel. Don't think it was one of the 'UKTV' channels (so, Style, Bright Ideas, Gardens even!) It could have been though.
  • This is going to sound crazy but I got an image in my head that the host of the show reminded me a bit of Gene Wilder by looks. 
  • Can I ask why you want to know is it just curiosity or are you looking for a specific program?

Sorry I cant really help you, but I to do vaguely remember Tommy Walsh doing something
    If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,462
    edited October 2018
    There was a programme called take 3 gardeners with Joe Swift, where they did gardens for new build houses, l think that was around 2004. Wouldn't call his accent Dorset though, and l don't think he's ever had a lot of hair. Sorry Joe !
  • There was another programme about at that time called Small Town Gardens. Had some posh bloke in a big hat in it though. If you look on YouTube it has full episodes of it. 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,005
    there was a lovely guy called Sven Wombwell who did makeover kinda stuff.
    Devon.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,965
    edited October 2018
    ah Tommy Walsh, no he wasn't in it. I do remember him though. I think the program you're thinking of was Garden Rescue. No wasn't that.
    The main problem is I can't even remember the name of the channel. Don't think it was one of the 'UKTV' channels (so, Style, Bright Ideas, Gardens even!) It could have been though.
    Garden Rescue is on BBC 1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07l2fsw

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,519
    simon harrison knibbs and ryan durrant Gardens unplugged 😊
  • Beaus Mum said:
    simon harrison knibbs and ryan durrant Gardens unplugged 😊
    oh wow that's it thank you so much!! thanks to all for helping anyways.
    ;The Gardeners Boy . just out of curiosity and my own nostalgia.