Forum home The potting shed

Warm feel COVERS for duvet.

124»

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    Good old Belling bed warmers, just a pressed metal shell enclosing a 40W light bulb.  Nothing to go wrong.  They looked like flying saucers.  I don't think they're still made, but they turn up occasionally in charity shops.
  • But were they just to warm the bed up to the point of getting in? Not left on thru  a cold night to keep you warm.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,319
    I must be weird. I like getting into a cold bed and warming it up. I like to breathe cool air while I'm snuggled under heavy bedding with my foot poking out out the end as  a thermostatic control when necessary.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 1,176
    Cool is fine,  but I dislike shivering in a ball for 10 minutes and then spending the next 10 trying to get my feet down to the bottom without them falling off. I also like to feel my nose in the morning! However I still prefer the room too cold than too warm, I have blankets, and a spare duvet if the heating totally broke.
    But were they just to warm the bed up to the point of getting in? Not left on thru  a cold night to keep you warm.
    Yes, the 20th century equivalent of the warming pan full of hot coals.  You propped it on edge so the covers made a tent over it and it warmed an area of about three feet diameter.
  • Just had a quick look on flea bay. There is about 15 for sale going for around £10 plus postage.

I suppose that as conventional light bulbs are getting harder to get hold of people are keen to off-load these. The LED bulbs don't produce adequate heat.
    Just had a quick look on flea bay. There is about 15 for sale going for around £10 plus postage.

I suppose that as conventional light bulbs are getting harder to get hold of people are keen to off-load these. The LED bulbs don't produce adequate heat.
    Hadn't thought of that!