Forum home The potting shed

Warm feel COVERS for duvet.

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,066
    meant to be they WERENT soft, they were rough horrible!
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 1,176
    Making sure the bedroom is not damp helps a lot with the bed feeling warm or not.
    My poor husband had to go round so many shops trying to find a 12+ Tog duvet, apparently no one has cold houses anymore! They were all saying, "Oh this one's warm and it was a 6
  • About 2 weeks ago I got a 13.5 tog from the first shop I went to-Primart. It's very good too. 
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 4,871
    Good Egyptian cotton bedding (no brushing or flaneletting involved),13.5 tog duvet and an electric blanket for me. My EB has a ‘time for bed’ setting that you put on when you go up, by the time you’ve used the bathroom its warm and cosy. 
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,066
    stop it, got up this morning to the first (air) frost and 1.1d, no heatin on, was way too hot in the night, 4 tog duvet, Hubby said are you sure there IS a duvet in here, not just a cover, mind you, SE UK, probably colder in Denmark, but arent the houses better insulated, bearing in mind how ho I was, most of the night outside the duvet, was amazed to discover heating had gone on at 16d
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,350
    B3 said:
    What about brushed nylon? If you didn't get an electric shock or slide ignominiously off the side of the bed or get your your toenails snagged, you had a warm in the summer/ cold in winter nights sleep.
    Back in the 60's my Mum bought us our first fitted sheets,they were brushed nylon and a fetching shade of bright orange!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,319
    Did they match the swirly shagpile carpet?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Nollie said:
    Good Egyptian cotton bedding (no brushing or flaneletting involved),13.5 tog duvet and an electric blanket for me. My EB has a ‘time for bed’ setting that you put on when you go up, by the time you’ve used the bathroom its warm and cosy. 
    That's a good arrangement Nollie. EB to warm the bed, and when it goes off the duvet keeps you warm through the night. 

If it gets so cold that you are having to keep the EB on through the night as well as the duvet, you may want to consider moving a lad in.  :D
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,104
    Still sort of on topic, l know you can get heated throws for when sitting on the sofa, can you use them on a bed, and can they be kept on all night ? (Question from MIL)
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,508
    Are your 2 cool ones less wrinkled after washing? If so they could be polyester cotton. I find that they feel cooler when you first get into bed. I use cotton more often, it creases a lot especially when new, but it feels a bit warmer.
    Dordogne and Norfolk