Forum home Plants

Rosa "Golden Tribute"

Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,425

Marlorena, This was another "freebie" from a garden magazine some years ago and has proved to be a beautiful rose. However,  I cannot seem to get any information on a rose of this name and wonder whether if in fact it was renamed?  Is it a DA rose in disguise?

Has anybody else got this rose?

North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone

• MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,644
    edited October 2018
    Hi Lizzie,

..the only 'Golden Tribute' rose out there that I know of is a pure yellow floribunda, bred by Colin Horner in the 1990's, and it's nothing like your rose...

...just taking a guess but I think they sent you this one...
    https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/tea-clipper 

...it may look more orange-y in some photos, but I think they're enhanced somewhat, so check out the other photos of this rose... 
    East Anglia, England
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,425
    Hi Marlorena, Thank you so much for coming back to me. "Tea Clipper" does indeed look very much like my rose and it does have a beautiful perfume. It is very good doer for me and blooms on and off for months, often late in the year, still got buds and flowers on it now. It's only drawback is that it can get a bit lanky, so I followed your previous advice and give it a hard prune in late winter - it's been better this year. I love it.
    Thanks again - you are a star!
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • MarlorenaMarlorena Posts: 8,644
    No problem Lizzie... it's one I've always wanted actually... no room right now..  best wishes...
    East Anglia, England