Garden Design

Need help with redesigning garden don't want big changes just tweaking. Cannot not do work myself due to open heart surgery now i look at garden all day it looks tired. Where can i find a local designer that wont cost the earth please.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,155
    edited October 2018
    It depends on where you are but I'd have thought google was the place to start and then local ads in local GCs and DIY stores - usually by the cash desk - and local ads in local newspapers.   Always ask for client recommendations and several quotes.

Meanwhile, take the time to recover from you op and look at your garden from all angles, including upstairs windows, and then sketch it out to scale and note where the sun is at different times of day.   Then make a list of what you want to change, improve, add, remove and do some more sketching out.   By the time you've worked it all out you'll be fit enough to do a lott, ormayebe all, of the work yourself.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,947
    LOcal garden centres or yellow pages. AN initial visit should not cost you anything and they should be able to work within your budget. Depending on what you want done and if you know what you want, a local gardener or landscaper might be able to do the work rather than a designer. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,937
    I agree, if you just need a few tweaks, a local gardener may be the best option, as opposed to a designer. Take time to think about what you really want, and the sort of things you like. I can understand it's depressing to look out at it looking tired, maybe just a general tidy up for now just to get through the winter ? Hope you feel better soon.
  • simsdesignssimsdesigns DevonPosts: 3
    Our local garage always seems to have business cards stuck on their wall for local services such as gardeners, builders and the like...