Forum home Plants

Tree ID help

I live in the southwest USA (Arizona) and I bought a house with a tree I cannot identify. If someone has some insight I would appreciate knowing what we are working with. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,862
    The leaf shape would suggest one of the Tilia (limeflower not citrus) species.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,637
    I agree, they look like leaves from a Lime tree. Not sure which one.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,390
    The Lime tree is also known as the Linden tree and is the tree planted in Darmstadt, Indiana to mark the armistice between USA and Germany in 1918 and to promote world peace. 

A lovely idea ...  :/

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,243
    I'd also agree it's a lime. Used to have one in my garden round the corner from this one.
    Mine  wasn't a particularly attractive specimen unfortunately. Hope yours is nicer Crystal  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Welcome to the forums Crystalnoyes!

Tilia sp....there should still be evidence of the fruits /seed pods...on the ground or in the tree. Can you have a closer look.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tilia+fruits&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcma7Yv4beAhWsI8AKHcssAqwQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=944

Perthshire. SCOTLAND .