Forum home Plants

Todays flowers from my garden!

AlisonjayneAlisonjayne KnottingleyPosts: 103
Just wanted to post a picture as I am so pleased with the flowers in the garden at the moment :)

Must stop buying more plants, repeat, must stop buying....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 27,589
    Those are lovely.  I especially like the two-tone dahlia but all those colours work well.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • ju1i3ju1i3 Camden Town, LondonPosts: 189
    nice :)

• tessagardenbarmytessagardenbarmy York,North YorkshirePosts: 346
    Gorgeous  colour combo.
    I've got roses,cosmos ,Rudabekia, Michaelmas Daisies and Japanese  anemones in flower at the  moment  as well as some cheerful violas x
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,259
    Lovely mixed bunch of flowers Alisonjayne.  
    I looked out my kitchen window earlier and found a beautiful red "Etoile due Holland"  rose out, next door to my creamy/red freckled winter flowering clematis "Freckles", a charming, if unexpected, combination!
  • AlisonjayneAlisonjayne KnottingleyPosts: 103
    I have been waiting for like what seems forever for the Cosmos to bloom, I started them in March!
    We said (hubby and I) that we wouldn't grow them again next year but I think I will actually as once they get going, they look wonderful.
    Must stop buying more plants, repeat, must stop buying....
  • Beautiful colours and perfectly formed - most of my flowers have been battered by the wind or are dying off - not suitable for bringing indoors.
  • Janie BJanie B LincolnshirePosts: 834
    Lovely combinations. So nice to be able to bring the garden indoors...!
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,864
    I think this summers heat has been exceptional. My cosmos were very sparse flowerers until it cooled off a bit, now they are flowering well. Most years they are no problem and flower well from June to frosts.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3