Indoor soineless yucca

beecheyleah1beecheyleah1 Berkshire, England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Posts: 6
can someone advice best way to care? My plant has brown dry leafs and are becomminf dry on the tips of the green leafs. Dont want this plant to die as i lost £200 when purchasing it!!! 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 10,371
    What country do live in, Ive never heard of that.
    Sorry you lost your money though when you bought your plant.
    I left my purse on top of the car once and drove away!  
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    I live in fear and desperation,
    should I die before I die to live again.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 938
    Do you have any photos we could see?
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • beecheyleah1beecheyleah1 Berkshire, England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Posts: 6
    Lyn funnily enough that’s what I done too! I live in England. But not just the money I really want to start gardening and growing my own vegetables. I feel if I can’t grow a simple indoor plant what can I grow?! Lol and I will attach a photo. Thank you both 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,289
    That is an indoor plant. It looks like it has been too near a radiator. Can you stand the pot on some stones that you keep wet to give some humidity around it. ?
    It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • diana 1diana 1 Posts: 99
    I had one in a worse condition than yours and thought ho well nothing ventured nothing gained. I broke of the florets and stuck them in a pot, 2 didn't take but the third one did and is still going just of 2 years later. I pulled the label out to see what it advises, Part shade and don't over water yours looks like it's in the sun and don't forget the suns affect through the glass will burn the leaves. If you over water the trunk will rot and then you will lose the plant:-(

As for what you can grow in the veg garden you will be surprised. I have been growing veg for the last 67 years and only now started growing flowers and propagating from them. Give it a go I'm sure you will surprise yourself.
  • beecheyleah1beecheyleah1 Berkshire, England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Posts: 6
    It was just above a radiator, I’ve moved it now and have taken it out of the decorative pot I brought. I have shells for now that I’ve made wet and put around the base of the plant. I hope I can save it. Thank you all so much! When you say florets do you mean the part where the leafs are stemming from? 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,289
    I meant to stand the whole pot on top of the shells or stones. ie saucer then stones then potted plant on top.
    It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.