Best compost - living in Ireland

I wondered please if anyone living in Ireland can help ? - I noticed that none of the which magazine Best Buy composts (for sowing seeds) seem to be available to buy in Ireland (levington original, T&M incredicompost etc) - and so I wondered if anyone had recommendations from compost purchased in 2018 (as compost formulas seem to change frequently) that had good germination results for perennial flower seeds (eg heliopsis etc) - many thanks 

• ZeroZero1ZeroZero1 Posts: 564
    I find them all much the same except the Homebase/BnQ home brands which are a bit like minced Ikea furniture packs. Most perennials will go in any medium, it's the watering that counts. IMO 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,901
    The only compost I would ever sow my seeds in is Erin Malloy, it’s Irish. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,421
    @Lyn............never heard of that brand.  
    @Michael147 if there is a B&Q near you, they sometimes stock Levingtons.  I buy my potting compost from a local nursery, Bord na Mona multipurpose compost for seeds, with added John Innes for perennials.  
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,901
    How strange, I thought it would be a top brand in Ireland. I wouldn’t use anything else, marvellous for seeds, cuttings potting on, the only problem, if you could call it that, is that it drains quickly so needs to be kept watered,  not for seeds though, just  slight mist with a spray bottle. 
    Heres the address
    Erin Horticulture Ltd
    Derrinlough
    Birr
    Co. Offaly
    Ireland
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.