Ladybirds everywhere!

I love ladybirds and find them a great help as they munch through all the greenfly in the garden but today they are insisting in coming in the house in their droves. I had the window and door open as it's such a lovely sunny day but I've had to shut them, they're flying in faster than the ones I'm trying to dispatch back out! I don't mind them being in but they tend to just die (probably because of aerosols etc) and would surely be better hibernating outside where there is ample shelter. Is anyone else having this problem? 

• Pete8Pete8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 3,717
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • karen paulkaren paul Posts: 197
    Oh I see, thankyou for that. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,423
    "...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,973
    edited 10 October
    Plenty here in North West Shropshire too.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 13,167
    Why do you need the aerosols?   

We get ladybirds hibernating in window frames and roller shutters.  Some survive but many don't.   I hope some are finding the insect shelters we've put up here and there.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • karen paulkaren paul Posts: 197
    By aerosols I mean deodorants, room fresheners (because the dog often really stinks with wind, haha) and occasionally I have to use fly spray because I keep certain fruit eating invertebrate which inevitably attracts fruit flies which fly through from my invertebrate room into the lounge.
  • Walking round Guildford earlier there are loads flying around. I nearly swallowed one but had just enough time to shut my mouth!
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 1,200
    I have been rescuing them from the inside of the windows, and there are loads flying around outside. I will need to check the washing carefully when l take it in, l've already rescued one that got caught up in one of the sheets!
  • BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 428
    Walking round Guildford earlier there are loads flying around. I nearly swallowed one but had just enough time to shut my mouth!
    I would have no chance of avoiding swallowing one as my husband says I never shut my mouth  :smile:
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,258
    I've seen loads today , some trying to get in the van down my t shirt and some swarming on a house.