Forum home Plants

Happy Pieris. Thank you.

BurtsnestBurtsnest Posts: 174
I just wanted to give you a update. Around spring time I had a few plants identified on here. One was spotted as a (unhappy) Pieris. After looking into how to care I discovered it like a Acid soil. (It was in alkaline) and dappled shade. (It was in full sun) anyway a few months later and it's looking so much better.  I thought I'd post a before and after photo and also say thank you to you lovely folk for your help. I'm really enjoying this lovely plant and now it's happy 😁

• Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 3,143
    Hello Burtsnest

Your Pieris looks in better health now !
    Two important points to remember though ; 1) If possible use only rainwater , and 2) Keep moist throughout the year , even in the Winter months .
    Treatment once a year with Sequestrene is very beneficial , especially for plants in pots ;) .

PS  How's the Melocactus ?
  • BurtsnestBurtsnest Posts: 174
    edited October 2018
     @Paul B3 I have never heard of Sequestrene but after looking it up it could be really beneficial, so thank you.
     The Melocactus is doing well. I brought it indoors last week as some early mornings dropped down to 2° and I got a little worried as this is the first year I have put it outside. But then today put it back out as it's been 19° . Thank you for asking. 
    I hope all is well with yours too. 

For mild amusement , read of my proposed antics for the forthcoming Winter !
    I only have one Melocactus in my collection ; M.azureus . This is definitely coming indoors ! :)