Blackberry Loch Ness - no runners!

I have had this blackberry for around 10 years and every year by now it has always thrown up a handful of good strong runners by now but nothing has appeared at all?  Does anyone have any ideas? Is it had now do you think?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,414
    I think this year has been an odd one ... some plants became dormant in the hot weather ... I wouldn't write it off.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• CopperdogCopperdog Posts: 303
    thanks Dove, I still need to cut the old stems away.  Should I still do this and just hope it sprouts soon?  the Loganberry which is a cutting from one that was in my husbands granny's garden is doing brilliantly this year again...
  • CopperdogCopperdog Posts: 303
    I have tidied this up and managed to find 2 rather small skinny new runners.  At least there is something there.  Perhaps it feels like having a year off as its been so brilliant all the other years!
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,325
    I may have the same problem and am thinking that maybe they run out of steam after ten years of fruiting?  I might replace mine next spring for one of the newer varieties.