Forum home Plants

Any ideas what this plant is?

Hi everyone!  This plant has been growing in my garden for as long as I can remember! Probably about thirty years! But i have no idea what it is... in recent years its not been so well, and I would like to know what it is so i can care for it and baby it back to health!! Only trouble is, I cant seem to find out exactly what it is... anyone have any ideas???

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,181
    Its a Geum, not sure of the variety, maybe one of the cocktail series 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,861
    It certainly looks like a Geum. The nearest I can find to it is "Bell Bank"
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,861
    I would split it up in the Spring, maybe March if it is mild, and replant in a new place in some soil that has been enriched with a fertiliser and some compost.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Geum Bell Bank been around since the 80's....a Geoff Smith introduction.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/howtogrow/8413835/How-to-grow-Geum-Bell-Bank.html

Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • Wow! Thanks!! I think you finally found it!! Although it says if you don’t dig it up and divide it every three years it will suffer and probably die, and this one has been growing undisturbed for 30 years  :| maybe it’s happier than I thought! Thanks for solving the mystery! Now I know what to do!