what is pooping around my little pond?

saradelpozosaradelpozo County DurhamPosts: 35
I hope is not a rat... other than that, I guess I'm happy.
My other signs that thre is something is visiting at night is the insane amount of feathers floating in the pond, I have a watermint still in a pot in the garden, and it's knocked everysingle night. And these droppings:

the white bits are pebbles (around 2 mm)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,593
    edited October 2018
    I think that might be hedgehog poo ... a bit unformed tho' ... maybe he's been eating a lot of fruit ... it's the time of year for it
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• saradelpozosaradelpozo County DurhamPosts: 35
    edited October 2018
       :o:o I really hope you are right!!!!

they do remind me of blackberries actually.

Thanks for the answer. I might stalk the pond tonight see if I can see anything.

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    It looks blackberryish to me too, though they can go through birds like that too, you usually see some white (urine element for birds).
    I do not think it is rat either. If you hear loud piggy snuffling noises, and "someone" eating with their mouth open it may well be a hog, they are noisy eaters.
    What kind of feathers are you getting?
    Lots of birds are moulting this time of year.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,978
    It wasn't me...honest .... :/
    I'd agree - hedgehog. Not rat anyway. Mine are a bit like that too - the hogs that is, not me! :s
    They're eating quite a bit of fallen fruit judging by the contents left in my garden   ;)

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,774
    My first though was worm cast, but maybe I have the scale wrong...is that right the pebbles are 2mm?

That doesn't explain the feathers or knocked over plant though...
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,978
    That was my initial thought too V.Sponge  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....