Forum home Tools and techniques

HozeLock

I have a wall mounted Hozelock and the hose is out about 4 foot and it will not go back neither can I pull out any more, have ask a 'man' friend to come and have a look, is it a 'big' job?? will he have to take it all apart?

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,876
    There is a spring loaded ratchet mechanism which controls the movement of the hose.  Some part of that has either broken or jammed.  Somebody with more strength than you may be able to release it with a harder pull.  If that doesn't work the only option really is to open it up and investigate.  If your friend can't fix it you aren't in any worse position than you are now.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,944
    Might be a stupid suggestion,  but mine has got a lock switch on it so it can't be pulled out or retracted. You haven't got that turned to the lock position have you?  
  • widgetwilk annwidgetwilk ann North NorfolkPosts: 295
    Thanks KT keep trying, think he is coming Wed, he will be able to open it up,
    Pauline, have checked that and it is not on locked,
    up-date on my hose, had another go at tugging it hard, and it worked, so pulled it all out, was a bit tight in places, when it was all out I squirted WD40 inside it and around the pulley in the front and carefully let it all go back, so far so good, so am hoping it is now alright.  Thanks for interest and replies.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 67,385
    Hurrah!
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 16,570
    Have you noticed that when you do something amazing with WD 40, you can't resist wandering around to see if you can squirt it on something else? 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Thanks all, Dovefromabove, must do my profile, I'm North Norfolk, you could have come and had a tug at my hose pipe :D
    I love WD40, use it everywhere!!!!