Forum home The potting shed

Free Seed Bank

Hi! So, I work for a gardening charity working with adults with learning disabilities. We were broken into recently, losing almost all our seed stock.

I have since had some very amazing people offer to send seeds they have either collected from their own plants or seed packets they have laying around but due to various reasons I were unable to give out the company address.

I’m now in the very early stages of setting up an organisation that will receive and forward donations to not only the charity I work at but any other charities or organisations looking for seeds to grow. It is purely non-profit and hopefully could help many people.

In these early stages I’m asking that you could possibly share the Facebook group to any green-fingered friends you may have to just raise awareness while I get started up, although donations would also be welcome…

Also, if you know of any organisations local to you who would benefit from seed donations then please let me know and I will contact them.

You can either message me on Facebook or email at [email protected] or visit www.freeseedbank.com

https://www.facebook.com/Free-Seed-Bank-1955514514748897/?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARC7PWnn2jSWgNGgCT4u0EJvyTACfPNrRKOBBVMFLS3ra_qisJikkLAIMvvve8YiIj0SZBF7vGm4yw-BCfOHNNChpsr8kaJdGje6qIGD3qwvdPwRuWySpioEvwmDmBHiD60TvVVVwSb0Jdn7glqJZJqDzbJg4ZoXKeD85mDtAMiAkcjMYf5LnQ&__tn__=HHH-R

TIA

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,819
    I am somewhat  disinclined to donate to a group, where I don't know their name or address.  I cannot see why you can't name a registered charity.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,769
    The address is on their webpage.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hi, thanks for your comments! I wasn't able to give the address out as they didn't want to advertise the site as being broken into, in case it inspired other people to have a go. Also, due to the protection of the vulnerable people we support and other reasons too. 

Hope I've cleared it up but please feel free to get in touch with any other queries