Forum home The potting shed

New discussion new member

RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,252
Hello I just wanted to say hello and hope you will please forgive me any Faux pas. I have belonged to a forum a few years ago, but am not up with more modern usage of technical things. So hope you will forgive me,  editing like mad only to find folks have already said what I was trying to, and there is apparently an at @ thing that means you acknowledge folks who comment. I have to get my head around these newer features etc. I am not trying to be deliberately rude.
Basically, no idea what is going on but thoroughly enjoy gardens and plants.
Computer stuff is my better half's thing, they joined me up here on my request.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 9,884
    Hi Rubytoo and welcome to the forum.  As far as I can see, you are doing just fine with your posts.  Somebody replying while you are typing is common and something you just have to get used to.  If you type @Rubytoo for example, that member (you in this case) will be alerted that they have been mentioned - it's just a way of saying "what are your thoughts on this?" sort of thing.  :)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,358
    Hi Rubytoo - I've seen your name a couple of times on threads, and I also think you're doing fine  :)
    I've been here a while, and still make plenty of faux pas, so don't worry  ;)
    If you're stuck with  anything, start a thread with a suitable title, and someone will help, or point you in the right direction. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2018
    I make lots of mistakes @Rubytoo. The way I see it is that if I have something I have experience of then I contribute. Lots of people who are not members look into Gardeners World. It's all about plants and gardening and your experience and problems. Personalties on forums really don't matter. Keep posting, as I do.

SW Scotland
  • B3B3 Posts: 15,494
    Welcome, Ruby.
    The only faux pas on this forum is to be deliberately offensive. :)
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • It seems to be Ruby's Too day :) 
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,265
    Maybe this is a good thread for new members to introduce themselves.
    Welcome @Rubytoo :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,450
    Welcome aboard Rubytoo
     :) 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    edited September 2018
    Welcome @Rubytoo you're doing fine. I've been on forums for about 2 years, they are very good and don't take offense if you do something wrong. I sometimes forget to put everything down, but that's ok. 
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Hello @MrsGlaze welcome to the forum. :)