Forum home The potting shed

Now that's nuts....

Just taken delivery of a new camera but that's not the nuts bit.  The nuts bit is the user guide is 502 pages!!!!!

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,253
    Ha!  Mine didn't have one.  We're supposed to look things up online.......
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,493
    KT53 said:
    Just taken delivery of a new camera but that's not the nuts bit.  The nuts bit is the user guide is 502 pages!!!!!
    Have you found the few pages in English yet? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,567
    Wotcha bought KT?  :)
    I didn't use my manual much either - just footled around with it, although DavidK, who used to post here, showed me a few bits and pieces to try with it too.
    It's like a lot of things though - there'll probably be lots of things you won't use  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,149
    I used to have a client who was on the Board of Nokia . He was always banging on at me to buy a phone. Hubby got a new Nokia phone and I took great delight in telling Mr Nokia Director;
    " The instruction manual runs to 147 pages, but nowhere does it tell you how to adjust the volume. When I went into the Nokia shop in Guildford the guy behind the counter said "no point looking in the manual, it's not in there" "
    He did have to the good grace to look embarrassed. 
    Devon.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,025
    So lucky to get a manual of any sorts. Most things these days expect you to look on line. What did you get @KT53 ?
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,427
    Lyn said:
    KT53 said:
    Have you found the few pages in English yet? 
    The entire manual is English.  Camera is Canon EOS77D.  It comes with a very basic manual but doesn't describe the functions of the various knobs and whistles.  Although I've been using digital SLR's for years they all have different features.  I've bought a copy of the manual on line for a fiver.  Canon wanted 20 quid for the same thing.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,493
    I’d never sort all that out😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.