Forum home The potting shed

Everywhere windy for Acer/Maple Help!!!!!

Any ideas where to put has now my leaves are not looking that great, everywhere gets the wind so what do I do !!!! Welcome any suggestions 👍

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,520
    If there's nowhere suitable that has protection, you'll need to build some!  :)
    I'm assuming it's in a pot? Either way - a small screen to filter the wind will work well. A couple of pieces of good quality trellis [ the kind that has small holes - not the cheap stuff with 6inch holes] screwed together at right angles to posts, to create two sides of a square/rectangle. 
    Or you could make something similar with some roofing battens, leaving small gaps between each batten.That's a very popular look just now if you fasten them horizontally.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Great idea, will buy some quality trellis then, has would be a shame for weather to destroy it.
    Yes it’s in a tub a very large one at that but been looking in corner of my garden and could manage to put him there with the screening.
    Last year with the big freeze I lost my Red Robbin tree was gutted, to get my hands on another would be around £160 for the size it was. Don’t fancy loosing my maple.
    Thanks for advise