HELP!

Just seen this outside my front door. What do I do?

• dappledshadedappledshade Top of the Hill, North London Posts: 407
    Looks like a little field mouse.
    Where do you live?
    I'm in London and we see them traipsing through the back gardens and parks. Rats too. 
    🎼"I've been driving in my car, it don't look much but I've been far, I drive up to Muswell Hill, I've even been to Selsey Bill..."🎹
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,366
    I'd leave it alone. If it's healthy it'll scuttle off, if it's poorly , it's nature's way of getting rid of weaklings.
    Devon.
  • Up north high in hillside. Do I give it anything, as looks like baby. Or move it? Very near to rd
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,688
    Looks like a young woodmouse aka fieldmouse.  Pop in in a sheltered corner under some undergrowth.  It will either survive or it won't.   :)

It's not a house mouse so no need to worry that you're going to be infested with them. 

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2017/07/house-mouse-and-field-mouse/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• dappledshadedappledshade Top of the Hill, North London Posts: 407
    I'd leave it to do its own thing, to be honest.

You could encourage it away from road, but you can't be there every time it decided to go there!

I wouldn't feed it, as they have plenty to eat.
    🎼"I've been driving in my car, it don't look much but I've been far, I drive up to Muswell Hill, I've even been to Selsey Bill..."🎹
  • Ok thanks everyone
  • thanks for the replies everyone, just to say that the mouse has died. :'( 
    I had a look round but couldn't see where it could have come from being so tiny and obviously weak.