Forum home The potting shed

Heavy Horse Show

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,967
    Lovely pics Scroggin, beautiful horses🙂 Looks like you had good weather for it too.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,330
    edited September 2018
     <3  <3<3    Thank you Scroggi ...  I just love heavy horses ... when I was a child the farm next door to ours till had a working pair ... I was sometimes allowed to sit up on Blackie while the farm worker was on the 'tumble' forking out the manure as Blackie walked slowly up and down the field  :D
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Being a saddler, my grandfather always "dressed" the heavy horses for the local agricultural show.
    SW Scotland
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Lants, harness, mane and tail.
    SW Scotland
    I adore that  cob (third from last) ... that's my sort ... a ride  & drive cob <3
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    Lovely creatures, but spare me the plaits and ribbons.  They look so much better with their manes and tails flowing free.
    And braiding manes and tails is a way for working horses to be equipped to work in muddy conditions without the need for a huge amount of washing and grooming at the end of the working day ... much better for them 🙂. Dressing them with ribbons etc for the show ring is just an extension of that and shows the skills of the horseman in caring for the horses 🙂