Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers - SEPTEMBER 2018

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Ho your all making me hungry 😋 lol, does anyone have a good recipe for mousaka?
    Dove my in laws didn’t even turn up, not even a phone call to say why 🙄, so we went and had lunch at the garden centre and did our food shopping, still trying to get all our holiday washing done, ho we also went and priced up a new mattress at Benson for Beds, can’t believe the prices of mattresses these days 😲
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,255
    Wait for the sales Flumpy.  We need a whole new bed but will be going for a simple bed, good mattress and January sales.   We have had good mattresses from IKEA before but I fell out with them over our kitchen which we then happily bought elsewhere.  We'll probably stay local for the bed too.

Can't help with moussaka as I don't like aubergines but try the BBC Good Food site.

Simple, spicy butter spatchcocked roast chuck for us tonight.   Best not to be breathing garlic all over the patchwork ladies.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,991
    The Hairy Bikers’ moussaka recipe on the BBC Food site is reliable and totally tasty.  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Awe thanks obilexx and Dove, Bensons have got a sale on until Tuesday and our mattress is now sinking on one side 😬, we shall see how long we can cope, we’ve been spoilt with them Barcelo hotel beds 😁
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,793

Had a quiet day, could have done more but didn't feel like it. Caught up with Bake-Off while I did the ironing. Having read what you said, I don't feel guilty!

We will have an overnight stop on our way to Lake Maggiore. A little hotel in the Alps with a good restaurant. We have stayed there before when we went to Lake Garda a few years ago.

We are having Moules Marinières tonight with homemade pitta bread and salad.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Moussaka just finished on the oven, will eat in about half an hour.
    Flumpy, I've sort of done my own version for ages, minced lamb, onion, garlic, fresh mint, cinnamon, a dollop of pesto, two things of tomatoes, a large glug of red wine, coped mushrooms, season and simmer then a mild cheese and nutmeg white sauce, sliced red potatoes, part boiled, aubergine, sliced and roasted in olive oil. Then layer up. When cheese sauce is cooked, cool a little and beat in a egg, this well help it set and not spill over when baking.

Ok Fairy, notes taken, gonna do some hog house research and get planning!

Have a lovely evening everyone
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,567
    Evening all. Glad you've had a restful  day BL  :)
    Wonks - mine is now finished, apart from fitting two little bolts to the roof to make it secure. It's in 2 pieces, and the en suite/feeding/entrance bit [complete with baffle  to foil unwanted guests] screws onto the front of the 'bedroom'  ;) There's a little overhang that attaches to the main bit as well, to avoid any leaks in between the two.
    I'm now thoroughly kn*ckered, and my back is killing me. It's easier outside as I can get things up to a better height, but there were a few showers, and it's a pain running in and out with tools, so I was faffing around in the kitchen. It's all outside now, and I might put a little food in the en suite and see if they take a look.
    I'm being very naughty and having a kebab with youngest daughter. Must be thirty years since I had one I've not made myself  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Fairy that sounds amazing! Lucky hedgehogs! But then you do get some chilly conditions up there!

• Hope you enjoyed the kebab! About to eat the moussaka, I doubt I'll be able to move after!
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,567
    It's certainly wind and water tight Wonks - necessary here! Layers of insulation and pondliner leftovers. Good bit of recycling  ;)
    Enjoy your moussaka  :)
     I don't like lamb, so it's not something Iever  make, although I've done it with beef mince in the past. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

This discussion has been closed.