Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers - SEPTEMBER 2018

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,282
    I’m quite pleased with the punnet of tomatoes that I bought on Wednesday. I potted them on to 4” pots and have been keeping them inside of a night and out in the sun through the day. 

My daffodils that that have been languishing all winter have started blooming.

And, best of all. The Lovage which I threw a piece of soft netting over for winter, has apparently done the job as there are lovely new shoots pushing through - enough for Hubby to have a couple of small branches for the pasta he is making for tonight. 😛

S. E. NSW
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,567
    Nice healthy looking toms, Pat  :)
    Never had lovage. How is hubby using it - a sauce?
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Nice healthy looking toms, Pat  :)
    Never had lovage. How is hubby using it - a sauce?

Sorry - having the same 'repeat' issue I had on another thread. Just ignore me  :/

When I press post it saves as a draft. If I refresh the page, it's not there as a post, but I have a draft. When I click on that, there is no draft, and it's posted.
    Think my head might explode.... :D

Fairy, He chops it up very finely and mixes it into the pasta dough, then into fridge for a while before pushing it through the pasta machine. It has a very nice celery smell/flavour.😛

The tomatoes didn’t look like that when I bought them on Wednesday from Woolworths. All 6 squeezed into a punnet and not watered. I think I really bought them out of sympathy because it’s a bit early for us here. I usually only start about Melbourne Cup weekend (early November). 😁

S. E. NSW
    Amazing what a few days of tlc can do, isn't it?
    Ah- didn't realise hubby was making the pasta too. Brilliant. Sounds lovely.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Morning morning Fairy and Gday Pat, looks like spring is on your way now, it’s a lovely feeling isn’t it, Fairy I know what you mean by being ignored it often happens to me 😐
    Morning flumpy. I was having an odd blip with the 'pooter - it wasn't posting, then it was doubling or tripling them, so I just wanted everyone to ignore it! Seems ok now...
    Hope you're not being ignored here.  :o

Hi Flumpy. 
    S. E. NSW
This discussion has been closed.