Painted trees ?

Just watching GW and the painted trees! Reminds me of painted heathers or the awful poor spray painted/ glittered cacti I saw in a garden centre last week.
Is it just me or is it a horrible fashion? 😯

• TallyVTallyV OxfordshirePosts: 8
    That garden was absolutely stunning!! I think it worked for that setting. Painted cacti etc - not such a good look!
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,371
    I didn't particularly like the painted tree trunks, but I don't think they're anything like as hideous as lurid painted heathers or dyed flowers.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,324
    Do you mean the veg garden which has trees with limewash painted against insects?
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 744
    Fire said:
    Do you mean the veg garden which has trees with limewash painted against insects?
    I think they looked interesting. Of questionable value, but I like the idea anyway.
  • Jules41Jules41 Posts: 179
    I think Joe Swift said it wasn't actually against insects but had been done as a visual statement,  but had been inspired by that practise from warmer climates.
    I thought the garden as a whole was lovely .  I'm just not a fan of the painted-look . The trees were beautiful in their own right.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,613
    A tree I thought was painted turned out the be real. The Painted Eucalyptus 
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,607
    I really liked the limewashed tree trunks ... as has been said it reminded me of French orchards and some really old ones I've seen in England had that done too (ages ago) ... but what's the betting we get queries in the future asking why someone's trees are poorly when someone's painted them with white gloss ... perhaps I should've posted that on the Curmudgeon's thread .... more coffee needed oops
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,324
    You see the lime used a lot in Spain and France. It's not at all unusual.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,421
    I thought they looked lovely and bright......not sure trees are meant to be painted with gloss paint though!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,607
    Mary370 said:
    I thought they looked lovely and bright......not sure trees are meant to be painted with gloss paint though!
    They're not  :o  they weren't  :D  my comment was me being curmudgeonly 'cos my bet is that someone will have seen the image and not listened to what was said ...  :/
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh