Forum home Plants

J. officinale Jasmine not flowering

amberspyamberspy Posts: 370
I brought two last spring one grows well other very slow 
not sure why that’s happen 
Also eirther have produced white flowers 
is it cause it’s a young plant 

• BurtsnestBurtsnest North westPosts: 174
    Hi @amberspy, I had my Jasmine plants 3 years before I saw a single flower. (They are in pots) I have 2. Both bought from the same company at the same time. Both in full sunny positions fed the same. One massively outgrew the other for the first 2 years. Over the past  year they have caught up with each other. I had to repot in spring.  I mixed in some blood fish and bone and they have both grown hugely since doing so. It took a lot of patients waiting for those gorgeous scented flowers but was worth the wait. The pic below was before I repotted.  They are in much bigger pots now.
  • amberspyamberspy Posts: 370
    Burtsnest said:
    Hi @amberspy, I had my Jasmine plants 3 years before I saw a single flower. (They are in pots) I have 2. Both bought from the same company at the same time. Both in full sunny positions fed the same. One massively outgrew the other for the first 2 years. Over the past  year they have caught up with each other. I had to repot in spring.  I mixed in some blood fish and bone and they have both grown hugely since doing so. It took a lot of patients waiting for those gorgeous scented flowers but was worth the wait. The pic below was before I repotted.  They are in much bigger pots now.
    Wow that is beautiful 
    so I need be patient 👍👍 I give them a feed tomorrow as never thought of doing that 
    thanks 
  • BurtsnestBurtsnest North westPosts: 174
    No problem at all. Good luck 😀
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,240
    Amberspy, I take it your Jasmine is not the same as Burtsnet’s one. The one in the photo is Trachelospermum Jasminoides. Not the same as the one on your title.

Are you growing them in the ground or pot? The ones in the title can get huge eventually. If you only had them in pots they may struggle soon.

Make sure they get lots of sun and soil not heavy. An established plant tends to flower more and grow better in drier and free draining soil. Growing in less sun or soil too rich may cause lots of leaf growth instead. It’s still young so see how they go next year.