Forum home Problem solving

salax

we have a salix tree and just recently some of the leaves underneath are covered in yellow spots think it's eggs of some kind but not sure. we have been taking the affected leaves off but keep getting more.

• we have a salix tree and just recently some of the leaves underneath are covered in yellow spots think it's eggs of some kind but not sure. we have been taking the affected leaves off but keep getting more.

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 3,873
    It might be rust, but I wouldn't worry, willows are hard to kill and they will be losing their leaves soon anyway.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,077
    Hello Pauline. Is there any chance you could post a picture of the leaves so it would help us to identify the problem. It could be rust but a picture would be useful.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • one of the affected leaves thanks
    Sorry Pauline but there is no picture.
  • we have a salix tree and just recently some of the leaves underneath are covered in yellow spots think it's eggs of some kind but not sure. we have been taking the affected leaves off but keep getting more.

Pauline, that is the ailment called rust - a fungal disease - but as Buttercupdays rightly says, those leaves will be falling soon so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would collect up all the leaves and put them in your green council bin so that there is less chance of the spores hanging around in great quantity in your garden.
  • Thanks so much.
    You are very welcome Pauline.