censorship

punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,607
Has anyone noticed any more censorship recently.
Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave
Without leaving a piece of youth

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,149
    No.

But let’s see if this slips down the charts.😁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,862
    It's not possible to censor your own organisation. The company own the site, they can do what they like with it. Same as if I run a blog, I will mod it as I see fit.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,607
    You may well be right, but if I do not know the rules, and they are not explained, it does determine whether I wish to post or not.
    Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,622
    Please DO post @punkdoc. You're missed when you don't. 
    I too am very miffed about the "slipping" without explanation, but , on the whole, it's a great forum with some wonderful people ( you're one of them ) some total nutters too, but that's another story. 
    Don't give up.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,414
    Echoed 🕊
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730
    Any forum is only as good as the people who post on it.  We can't afford to lose good posters :)
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    Hey Punk! Found you. How you doing? Dove is right, you are missed on other threads
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,844
    If things are being censored it's always going to be difficult for the poster to explain what is being censored as that explanation is likely to go the same way.  Is there a general pattern to the type of thing being removed though?  I certainly can't say I've seen anything on the site which I have thought to be worthy of censorship.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,622
    KT53 said:
    If things are being censored it's always going to be difficult for the poster to explain what is being censored as that explanation is likely to go the same way.  Is there a general pattern to the type of thing being removed though?  I certainly can't say I've seen anything on the site which I have thought to be worthy of censorship.
    That , for me, is why it's so annoying.
    If it's so bad, just delete it altogether, don't just let it "slip" with no explanation. 
    If rules have been broken, say which rules, and in which way they've been broken.
    Most of us are more than happy to abide by rules, here or elsewhere, but few of us are mindreaders.
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,327
    The thing is, as far as I know, you can't tell if someone has flagged your post as  inappropriate. You sometimes see comments from members who feel that anything not strictly to do with gardening does not belong on this forum.
    Perhaps this is what causes thread drop in some cases.
    From a commercial point of view I doubt that the owners of the site are too bothered so long as it's legal and inoffensive ,  people are looking at the adverts and there are enough active members to attract advertisers
    In London. Keen but lazy.