Grapevine cutting

wiskers2245wiskers2245 south shieldsPosts: 14
Hi all. I just bought a bunch of grapes with a leaf in it. How can I turn this leaf into a grape vine. The leaf is still green, about 3cm across, in good condition and it's in the fridge right now. It's not attached to anything just loose. I have had success with cuttings before but not with grape vines. All help appreciated.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,576
    edited August 2018
    Afraid a leaf will not make a vine cutting.  To take a cutting from a grape vine you need a piece of the vine stem.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If you want a grapevine, they're not really hugely expensive when you think of how much a bunch of grapes costs. https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Grape_Vines/ 

:) 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wiskers2245wiskers2245 south shieldsPosts: 14
    Thanks Dovefromabove. I've got a few grapevines already, some grown from seed. Thanks for the info.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,576
    That’s fine 😀. Hope they do well for you. This summer has been great for them ... our vine is covered with fruit. 😀
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh