Forum home The potting shed

What is Your Weather Like? Part 4

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,231
    I suffer with Raynauds, so when I say I "suffer" in the cold,I mean it literally, not figuratively. 
    The pain has reduced me to tears .
    Devon.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,009
    I am truly sorry @Hostafan1 and should not have made light of your situation.

I saw what the condition can do as a neighbour of mine lived with his mother who suffered from Raynaud's for many years. He is credited locally with inventing some of the first heated gloves and footwear for her although he never had national acclaim. A lovely man who was very concerned to relieve her suffering and so never bothered to take out a patent.
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Sorry about your condition @Hostafan1
    They covered that on trust me iI' a doctor, very painful.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 925
    Fair breeze moving the branches of the trees, still glasshouse door open, so not that bad.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,231
    Oh @herbaceous and @Logan , thanks so much, but there are plenty who suffer far more than I do.
    I met a fellow sufferer who had it constantly, not just during cold weather. She'd regularly sliced off the tops of her fingers when cutting veg as she had no sensation in the ends of her fingers at all.
    There's medication available , but I'd be on it all the time the temperature is lower than about 18C.
    Devon.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 7,533
    Hello everybody , had a holiday in Tenby , mixed bag of weather and much greener than hear 
    Got home and rain has turned the Brown lawns green 
    Autumn seems to be approaching fast but it had been a glorious summer - Lincoln 
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,870
    I notice the Bank Holiday weekend has a mixed-bag in store...
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305
    Hostafan1 said:
    Oh @herbaceous and @Logan , thanks so much, but there are plenty who suffer far more than I do.
    I met a fellow sufferer who had it constantly, not just during cold weather. She'd regularly sliced off the tops of her fingers when cutting veg as she had no sensation in the ends of her fingers at all.
    There's medication available , but I'd be on it all the time the temperature is lower than about 18C.
     :):smile:

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,492
    We got the promised rain yesterday afternoon ... and hail and thunder and a gusty wind that blew the pots of cannas ets over and across the lawn ... my lovely OH dashed out there  and got soaked rescuing them 😍

Now it’s clear, bright and calm ... but it’s the coolest morning we’ve had in a very long time ... feels about 10C ish. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,009
    Lashed it down here too yesterday Dove and overnight. Lovely fresh smell this morning, blue sky, sun is shining but I doubt I'll be opening the greenhouse. Looks like a lovely day  :)
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
This discussion has been closed.