Curmudgeon' s Corner. I blame it on the heat. (2)

NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
Hi guys,

A continuation of the original thread started by @B3 , which can be found here:
https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1015342/curmudgeon-s-corner-i-blame-it-on-the-heat

Now that it has reached well over 1000 posts, it's time to move it to a new home.

Please continue your conversations  :)

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 1,607
    I take it the old thread being closed straight after a criticism of GW magazine is a coincidence? :|
  • PicidaePicidae RutlandPosts: 276
    Back to night time prayers: last time my wife was on an NHS Ward the young lady in the bed opposite set her phone to call the faithful to prayers at 5.30 am. The problem was the faithful slept through it while the rest of the ward chuntered.
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    edited 20 August
    @wild edges - apologies - yes it was indeed a complete coincidence - I sent @B3 a message on Friday letting them know it was going to be closed due to size. I must admit I didn't spot your post. I'll forward it to the magazine's editorial team.
    Ok, thanks. After the 'slipping threads' moderation controversy I wasn't sure if this was something similar.
  • LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 477
    Picidae said:
    Back to night time prayers: last time my wife was on an NHS Ward the young lady in the bed opposite set her phone to call the faithful to prayers at 5.30 am. The problem was the faithful slept through it while the rest of the ward chuntered.
    :D  

I did actually shout at the ceiling this morning but I think she recognised my voice.

I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 49,245
    Picidae said:
    :D  

I did actually shout at the ceiling this morning but I think she recognised my voice.

More practice at being an omnipotent deity needed ...  ;)
    "Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money."  Anon

You need to shout into a large biscuit tin for a better God voice. Pro tip: God doesn't use swear words ;)
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,793
     Pro tip: God doesn't use swear words ;)
    Your God might not - I'm not sure it's true of all gods.
    Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to
    Sir Terry Pratchett
     Pro tip: God doesn't use swear words ;)
    Your God might not - I'm not sure it's true of all gods.
    I guess it depends on smiting ability. You don't need to drop an F-bomb if you can just hit someone with lightning or give them a plague of pubic lice. I just feel it's more authentic for a fake God not to swear though. If you're shouting "MAUREEN, THIS IS BUDDHA, QUIT PRAYING SO LOUDLY OR NO NIRVANA FOR YOU" into a biscuit tin then just keep the language clean is all I'm saying.  o:)
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,793
    yes, WE, I can entirely see what you're getting at there. But being a Pratchett fan, I would guess that deities such as Anoia (quote: "The minor goddess of Things That Stick in Drawers, Anoia is praised by rattling a drawer and crying "How can it close on the damned thing but not open with it? Who bought this? Do we ever use it?" As she says, sooner or later every curse is a prayer. She also eats corkscrews and is responsible for Things Down The Backs of Sofas, and is considering moving into stuck zips") would regard swearing as prayer and therefore may well swear back at you when answering your prayers.
    Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to
    Sir Terry Pratchett
This discussion has been closed.