Shed base on gravel

Hi all,

I'm making some long-term plans to erect a shed and greenhouse in my back garden at some point, but the area where I intend to do so is currently laid with 10mm golden gravel chips - not an ideal starting point, I know :smirk:  

What I am asking is, what would be the best course of action for creating a firm and solid foundation for both structures?  Would I have to remove the gravel or could I use a prefabricated metallic structure that has its legs concreted into place?

Any advice would be very helpful!

Martin

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,891
    For the shed the gravel could be used to level sleepers or pavers to place the shed on as shed needs to be off the ground and the gravel would help reduce weeds.
    As for the greenhouse have not so much experience, but depends on whether you are using the soil to grow inside your greenhouse or not. So many types of greenhouse so difficult to help.
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,154
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
  • I used a product called Ecobase once.  It is a modular plastic base which can be used for sheds and greenhouses.  You fill it with pea shingle and so it might be suitable for you because you will be able to reuse the gravel.  It's very easy to use - look it up.