Forum home Garden design

Design and planting of new gravel/dry garden

Before and after. In 2015, April, we bought our bungalow with an overgrown hedge and bushes all around. This is the same garden this summer after much hard graft by my husband and myself. We have gone for a dry gravel garden and I was pleased to see it flourish even when we had no rain for nearly eight weeks. Facing almost due south and with little shade. It’s been a big project but I’m thrilled with the results. Now planning another with different herbs in another area of the garden. Using lavender edging. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 68,114
    That is lovely 🙂
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,325
    You can be proud of all your hard work. A beautiful garden.
  • MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 4,643
    Great to see, you've done a lovely job there, I like this style of garden very much... and appropriate for this summer's climate conditions...   are those roses on your arch? which ones did you choose please, I can't tell... thanks..
  • Joy90Joy90 Posts: 35
    Marlorena said:
    Great to see, you've done a lovely job there, I like this style of garden very much... and appropriate for this summer's climate conditions...   are those roses on your arch? which ones did you choose please, I can't tell... thanks..
    Thank you for your kind words. It is so fulfilling to create a garden from scratch.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,058
    You must have forseen this year's summer!  Looks very good and a credit to all your hard work.