Strictly 2018

ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,101
Has anyone else spotted that the first 3 contestants have been announced?   I recognise the chap..........   Wonder who else we'll get but hope there are some good movers in there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45168010 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 49,245
    edited 14 August
    Danny John Jules can move ... or at least he could ... he was in Starlight Express years ago.  :)
    "Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money."  Anon

• KT53KT53 Posts: 2,650
    At least Strictly are no longer trying to claim that all the contestants are non-dancers.  Danny John Jules said on The One Show that he did bits of choreography for George Michael.  Whether that is a 'plus' or not I'll leave to individual opinion :)
    Katie Piper and Faye Tozer both also acknowledged that they had quite a lot of dance experience, although Katie Piper also said she has no sense of timing so that could get interesting.
  • PicidaePicidae RutlandPosts: 276
    Craig RH gave out the prizes in our local produce show two weekends ago. What a nice chap; he had time for a chat and a photo with everyone.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 18,390
    KT53 said:
    At least Strictly are no longer trying to claim that all the contestants are non-dancers.  Danny John Jules said on The One Show that he did bits of choreography for George Michael.  Whether that is a 'plus' or not I'll leave to individual opinion :)
    Katie Piper and Faye Tozer both also acknowledged that they had quite a lot of dance experience, although Katie Piper also said she has no sense of timing so that could get interesting.
    I've never heard of any of them. ( apart from George Michael. )
    Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,101
    Danny was The Cat in Red Dwarf wasn't he?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,793
    Obelixx said:
    Danny was The Cat in Red Dwarf wasn't he?
    yes. He's 'Dwayne' in Death in Paradise these days
    Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to
    Sir Terry Pratchett
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 18,390
    I've never heard of this one either
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 49,245
    Hostafan1 said:
    I've never heard of this one either
    Neither have I .......... but U-tubers are hugely popular with teenagers so he's there to appeal to that age group. 
    "Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money."  Anon

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,101
    I know RG, not that I watch it since that Irish bloke arrived.  Canna thole him.  Just thought Hosta may get the Red Dwarf reference.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,793
    Ah right. Back in my box  :)
    Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to
    Sir Terry Pratchett