Bottle Brush is dying

RoxaneRoxane Posts: 2
it is mid summer and my bottle brush is dying. I have it in partial sun and water once a week. Should I take all the dead leaves off and let it start over? The limbs are still green but leaves are dead. 

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 2,304
    The pot is too small for a shrub that size. You can reduce the whole shrub size by cutting it down, but this is only a temporary measure. Watering once a week for that pot size will not be enough, especially when there is no rain and in sunny conditions, I would water that size pot every 2nd- 3rd day. Definitely not once a week. If you cannot get it in the ground, then you will need a far bigger pot very soon.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 2,651
    In partial sun, with the weather we've had prior to the last few days, it probably actually needed watering every day.  I'd move it into shade and give it a thorough soaking to provide the best chance of recovery.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 2,651
    In partial sun, with the weather we've had prior to the last few days, it probably actually needed watering every day.  I'd move it into shade and give it a thorough soaking to provide the best chance of recovery.