What are your favourite summer flowering plants?

cvhcvh Posts: 10
After reading all your views on “naff” flowering plants (of which I seem to have a few!!) I thought it would be interesting to hear what your favourites are?   

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 4,288
    I think the nations favourite was the Rose and it certainly would be high up on my list too.  I have far too many favourites to list here and I am always finding more (expensive hobby is this gardening) but perhaps my all time tops are those that I have either grown from seed or cuttings like dahlias, clematis, lilac, aquilegia, poppies ........
  • karen paulkaren paul Posts: 163
    That's a hard question! But if I had to choose it would be something with a strong perfume scent, such as tree lillies or acidanthera.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 599
    Ooh, tricky, but I would probably say Echinacea, with Agastache a close run second. For roses it’s a toss up between RD Braithwaite for its strong growth and retention of red colour and Lady of Shallott because it just keeps on giving. Good to balance the scales, cvh!
  • cvhcvh Posts: 10
    Echinacea is one of my favourites too.  
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,638
    Agastache, dark leaved dahlias, foxgloves, delphiniums, hydrangea paniculata. Most cottage garden plants to be honest.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 774
    I don't grow roses, they remind me of outdoor swimming pools - useful four months of the year and a nuisance taking up space the rest of the time.

I do like, sedum, cordyline, calendula, lavendar, rosemary, pretty much anything that grows without too much fuss. My absolute favourite is my smoke tree.
  • LynLyn Posts: 9,874
    Agastache, Salvias and Veronica’s, long lasting and bee magnets. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    I live in fear and desperation,
    should I die before I die to live again.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,205
    edited 12 August
    Foxgloves, gladioli, sweet pea
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,511
    edited 12 August
    Agapanthus, geums, echinops and crocosmia - rich bright colours for summer
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    Sir Terry Pratchett
  • ju1i3ju1i3 Camden Town, LondonPosts: 81
    sea holly