Looking for Instructions for N.H.M. Ltd, Norfolk. Greenhouse please.

I have been given an old but unused aluminium greenhouse kit. It was made by NHM Ltd Griston Road, Norfolk. (Who seem to have gone out of business). The instructions have been destroyed by damp. It was designed to be clad in plastic sheeting. On the ruined packaging I made out the wording “Professional Greenhouse”. I think the door is of a hinge type.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,958
    Have you tried Mr Google to see if someone is making the greenhouses under another company name? I think that would be my first port of call  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,750
    I had a google, but can find no reference to NHM (except the Natural History Museum) whatsoever.
    Are there any other clues?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • I believe NHM stood for Norfolk Horticultural Manufacturers Limited. I have been in contact with Norfolk Greenhouses.co.uk but they could not help. I have found old adverts of theirs in magazines in online archives but they didn’t help.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,750
    I guess that ad is from some time ago - to say the least.
    Must be from the 1970's or there abouts. I imagine the company has long since disappeared.
    I've tried googling various combinations, but without success I'm afraid.
    But many of us here were around then. 1976 - what a summer, my first holiday with my mates and no parents, AND none of us got arrested, only questioned :)
    Maybe someone here will recognize it.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,503
    It might be a long shot,  but have you tried scanning the instructions onto a computer and enhancing them. Or are they too badly damaged.
  • I only have what is attached to my post. :/:/
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,503
    Ask a man. ......They never read the instructions anyway.
    Sorry I'll get my coat. 
  • ShepsSheps Posts: 827
    Maybe a local greenhouse installer might be able to help you.
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 8,038
    Oh what fun!  You probably have enough of the instructions left to build the two ends of the frames and what pieces are left over must be the sides, roof and door.  Go on, have a go, you know you want to, it's only like a 3D jigsaw puzzle!  :) I'd start by laying pieces flat on the ground to try and get the shapes of the two ends and take it from there.  Hopefully the letters shown are stamped on the pieces - if not, then the fun level will increase!  Know any competent DIYers?
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,436
    If you can manage to build flat pack furniture this should be ok, if not, gather some friends and have a go