Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers August 2018

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,763
    Joyce - the Succoth car park [for the hills] is usually just a quid  for the whole day. Not been there for a while though. I think the Loch Lomond one has kicked in now. I think we've got off lightly for many years though.
    I don't think running's a possibility ... :D
    Some of those photos are really stunning - the art work too. I might take a drive up to the Pitlochry gallery at some point. 
    I hadn't heard that about the gunneras being banned from sale. A good thing probably. The one we have at work survives every shade of weather and temps thrown at it.
    Yes - the humid thing is always strange Obelixx. It's got very black here now. Hope you have a lovely anniversary when it arrives.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,998
    Thanks very much for anniversary congrats.  We seem to be muddling along ok...   ;)

Gorgeous photos and artwork, Fairy!  Thanks for posting it.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    We've just done the rosettes for  the Mull and Morven show Liri - not sure where they hold it. I thought of you when we were doing them.  The girl is coming to collect them tomorrow to take them over there   :)

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    Happy anniversary Liro
    fairy hope you had a brolly today
    joyce oh got stuck at  Glenbuck on hs way home. Work starts here for 47 weeks! They must be taking out the z bend.  The light last 80 seconds which isn’t too bad
    raining here but we are all still smiling after today’s news
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,998
    It's held in Salen, on Mull, Fairy.  There's a much smaller version on Lismore, which OH went to a fortnight ago.  Not sure they actually get rosettes...

Lovely news indeed, LilyP - sorry, I forgot to mention it earlier.  Thanks for your congrats!
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    @LillyPilly, thanks for the warning about the road works. Daughter will be informed. Worth it to straighten out that bit of the road.
    SW Scotland
    I just took a look at that Liri. We used to holiday as children [September weekend ] at a little caravan site at Benderloch - just across from Lismore  :)
    The mother organises the show, and the daughter does one bit of it. She lives near here which is why she collects the rosettes. It takes ages for them to be sent by post  ;)
    Been very wet here - just when I went outside to do a couple of things. Typical. Inside with a cuppa and the last episode of The Bridge now.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,096
    Hedgehogs are making a lot of noise crunching their biscuits by the open back door ... we can hear them over Vera!   come to think of it , she's a bit like a hedgehog, isn't she  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,283
    OH said there was a hedgehog around while I was in Namur.  Rasta found it and carried it around for a while (much whimpering from spines but she does get maternal about hedgehogs for some reason) so OH stuck it under a hydrangea to hide but it was out again shortly after.  He didn't think to feed it.  I will if I see or hear it or any pals.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    We went out with the dogs an hour back, it’s like Far North Queensland out there
     I am sure there are crocs in the ponds and sugar cane toads in the grass
    will there be kiwi juice for breakfast? Doubt it!
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
This discussion has been closed.