Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers August 2018

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    Gosh Joyce, really?  O H heading to golf tomorrow, I will suggest he puts his windproof sweater on. Thanks for the heads up 
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,998
    Thanks for the thought, @debs64.  I might give it a try.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,282
    Very calm here this evening and clear skies so hoping to get a good gander at the stars tonight.   My OH is playing golf tomorrow and will need extra sun cream LP.  Hope your's enjoys himself.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,797
    edited August 2018

Internet has been very on and off, but today it's been OK.

As it's too hot for gardening I've been doing some long overdue cleaning indoors. Today and yesterday I've cleaned lots of windows and glass paned doors, now arm aches. Also mended granddaughter's dresses.

Obelixx, I haven't head anymore about the viewing, they stayed 2 hours and said they liked it but they had a week of other viewings arranged.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,089
    Can't keep my eyes open ... night night folks ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,284
    Hosts, the Holsworthy fires are still burning - 2000 ha. Thought you might like to know.😳

S. E. NSW
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,284
    Not Hots, well not deliberately, I meant a Hosta.  (Unexploded ordnance. )😂😂😂
    S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,202
    Morning all.
    You can keep those in your Holsworthy Pat. Shocking. I hope nobody has been hurt.
    Devon.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,202
    Something nice for the morning.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-45032352 
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,089
    Good morning all  :)
    Thanks for that link @Hostafan1 :)
    It's a gorgeous morning ... I think there's some deadheading to be done ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

This discussion has been closed.