Forum home The potting shed

Hello Forkers August 2018

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,997
    Thanks Dove.  I'm not sure that cranberry juice agrees with IBS but maybe I should give it a longer trial.   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,281
    Now i feel really stupid. Every other month I’m waiting for someone to start a new post. 

S. E. NSW
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Liri, lemon barley water is said to be effective.

Obelixx, it's always good to be back home and your pets plus OH will be happy to have you around again.

My garden is still being battered by high winds and so many plants are bedraggled that I'm going to cut them right back.
    SW Scotland
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,997
    Thank you, Joyce.  At present I'd be willing to try anything... and i quite like lemon barley water!

Those high winds seem to be very local.  Our rain just fell vertically - sorry you're having such problems with flattened plants.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,341
    Cloudy here but still over 20 C, so maybe another thunderstorm with a bit of luck.
     Did anyone see Monty Halls taking his family to the Galapagos for an extended period? (Sat night).  What an adventure for a 3 yr old and 5 yr old. No ipads or phones, just lots of places to explore. The 5 yr old snorkels like a pro.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,730
    Have you considered a probiotic supplement? Not used it myself but have friends who swear by them and a bit of friendly bacteria won't hurt 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,150
    Cloudy here but still over 20 C, so maybe another thunderstorm with a bit of luck.
     Did anyone see Monty Halls taking his family to the Galapagos for an extended period? (Sat night).  What an adventure for a 3 yr old and 5 yr old. No ipads or phones, just lots of places to explore. The 5 yr old snorkels like a pro.
    Yes I did , and wasn't it just wonderful? I reckon those kids will learn more about the environment and its risks in the 3 months there , than many of us will learn in a lifetime. What an education for them.
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,494
    That is indeed very good for the children, my daughter takes her two all over the world to see the sites, she only takes her phone for emergencies. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    Hello, back on after Internet collapse
    Joyce we too have been battered, was up in the big city today no one knew what I was talking about!
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Wet and windy here most of the afternoon LP and I have put the central heating on this evening as I just couldn't get warm.
    Forecast is warmer for the weekend.
    SW Scotland
This discussion has been closed.