Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Aeonium Schwarzkopf

I live in Bristol and during the last 2 winters I have had an aeonium schwarzkopf plant which has died, despite bringing it indoors.  The first time the pot was placed on a floor with underfloor heating next to some bi-fold doors, and I assumed that was the problem.  So last winter I put it in the hallway near the front door, but the leaves still turned green and dropped off, eventually dying.  I have bought another one and was thinking of overwintering it in a cold frame outside.  Can anyone offer advice in terms of where to keep it and how much water it should be given during the winter months?    

• madpenguinmadpenguin Posts: 2,543
    Mine stays outside in the summer and into the unheated back porch in the winter.I water hardly at all in the winter and just a bit more in the summer.
    The leaves will go green in the winter.The leaves also drop all the time,once it gets leggy you can behead it and new rosettes branch out.
    My plant was a single rosette about 3 years ago.I have 'beheaded' it twice and all the bits are still in the one pot.The biggest rosette is the latest 'beheading'!!
    It is loving all this sunshine!!!

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • It's beautiful!  That's exactly what I'm aiming for and why I'm persisting with it.  Thank you to you both for your advice.  
  • Mary370Mary370 Posts: 2,003
    Oh that's a beautiful looking plant