Forum home The potting shed

Are you annoyed?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,575
    Maybe there have been objections direct to the Mods?  

IMHO
    Surely "objections" shouldn't dictate such things, only if those "objections" are found to be justified.
    If a thread is being conducted in a mature and mannerly way, then I'd say it should be allowed to continue. 
    Those who "object" can ignore it.
    Surely the role of Moderators is to take an overview and react accordingly, irrespective of subject matter?
    Just my thoughts.
    Devon.
    Funnily enough, this one is slipping down too!!!
    Devon.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,837
    I am sure that it is not a glitch, and I know that it has happened before.
    I am just uneasy about this sort of censorship, although I fully appreciate the difficulty that the mods. have, when policing unpleasant threads.
    Walk out to winter, swear I'll be there.
    Chill will wake you, high and dry
    You'll wonder why.
    punkdoc said:
    I am sure that it is not a glitch, and I know that it has happened before.
    I am just uneasy about this sort of censorship, although I fully appreciate the difficulty that the mods. have, when policing unpleasant threads.
    I totally agree with you but neither thread is " unpleasant" no name calling, or temper tantrums etc. Just mature , good mannered discussion.
    Devon.
  • ShepsSheps Posts: 828
    edited July 2018
    The posting times have all now changed to when each post was made, my first post stated it was made at 09.09 even though it was made at 09.33, but this has now changed to 09.33, so something is going on.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,627
    Isn't it weird that the 2 thread problems are being caused by euthanasia and the youth in Asia :o
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,699
    edited July 2018
    I posted and it wasn't bumped or appearing anywhere.

I would caution against being annoyed until you find out there is something to be annoyed about. It's too hot for that.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,837
    Could you please explain this @NoraGW
    I understand that you are in charge, but it feels a little unfair to do this, when no unpleasantness has occurred on the thread.
    You will probably remember, that I have asked you this about a previous thread.
    I am not trying to cause trouble, but we are all adults on here. 
    Walk out to winter, swear I'll be there.
    Chill will wake you, high and dry
    You'll wonder why.
    I totally appreciate how difficult it is to "moderate" discussions, and the Mods on here do a wonderful job, but surely the default should be to leave threads alone until they're obviously becoming "out of hand"?
    Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    something odd is going on but I doubt a conspiracy from the mods. All sorts of strange stuff is happening, boxes to 'click to agree' on each thread all day yesterday.