Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Potato blight

This is my first year growing potatoes but last year my tomatoes suffered from blight so this informaton is useful

• i have just started with a veg garden, i have chosen potatoes as we can use them
    as a novice i need lots of help,which your site seems to have, long my it continue.
    thank you
  • really useful info for a newbie to veg gardening like me!
    I see on one of the Blogs somone said he didn't get blight last year as he planted them near the neighbours Leylandii !! no idea why that would be the case but interesting all the same!
  • i would like to be imformed if there may be a time when blight could be likely to be a probem as i have an allotment in perrybarr birmingham and the potatos look so healthy at the moment
  • Year one growing potatos in containers was successful. Year two i planted early variety in November 2011 which have failed with first frost.
    I think its blight, as the leaves collapsed and died away.
    Do i now have to dig up the tubers and destroy ? Do i have to discard all of the soil in the containers ( Top Soil from garden Centre )? Do i have to deep clean the containers? How ?
    many thanks
  • Can I use soil that potato's were in last year
  • Can I use soil that potato's were in last year that had potato blight