Quality tulip suppliers please

Hi all

Can I please have some suggestions of reputable online suppliers of quality tulips. I purchased a mix of Shirley  and another variety that has slipped my mind for now and quite a few came up distorted or blind, this was from a well known online plant supplier starting with the letter P.

I particularly liked the mix of colours and want to add to the ones that came up OK but this time I want to buy some quality ones. I want in the region of a hundred of each.

I also purchased four huge ornamental allium bulbs at the Malvern Autumn show which were magnificent and wish to buy some more. Shall I buy them online or wait for Malvern again.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,908
    Rose Cottage Plants are great, but they are not as cheap as some. I buy all my bulbs on line.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,580
    I get all my bulbs from Peter Nyssen and have always had good service and results.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,421
    After recommendations from this forum I've placed an order with Peter Nyssen for bulbs...........hoping for a good Spring display.
  • Uncle MortUncle Mort Posts: 34
    I have just had a look at the Peter Nyssen web site and will be taking a look at the Rose Cottage web page in the morning.

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,498
    edited July 2018
    Avon Bulbs is another reliable one. And Sarah Raven's stuff generally is good quality 
    It's hard to love, there's so much to hate
    Hanging on to hope when there is no hope to speak of
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,419
    edited July 2018
    Another vote for Peter Nyssen, we got our tulip bulbs from them last year, and they put on a lovely display . I had a couple of questions and they got back to me by phone with the answers. A few weeks later l received a follow up call to check everything was ok. Not something that happens very often!
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,580
    edited July 2018
    I've been using them for almost 40 years, since reading Christopher Lloyd's endorsement of them!
    Their perennials are good too.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,171
    I used Farmer Gracy for mine. They all got tulip fire apart from a few in a cooler bed -  I think that was down to my climate. The bulbs were of good size and looked healthy enough and the prices were competitive.