Quality tulip suppliers please

Hi all

Can I please have some suggestions of reputable online suppliers of quality tulips. I purchased a mix of Shirley  and another variety that has slipped my mind for now and quite a few came up distorted or blind, this was from a well known online plant supplier starting with the letter P.

I particularly liked the mix of colours and want to add to the ones that came up OK but this time I want to buy some quality ones. I want in the region of a hundred of each.

I also purchased four huge ornamental allium bulbs at the Malvern Autumn show which were magnificent and wish to buy some more. Shall I buy them online or wait for Malvern again.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,249
    Rose Cottage Plants are great, but they are not as cheap as some. I buy all my bulbs on line.
    Woke up again
    To my chagrin
    Getting sick and tired of
    Feeling sick and tired again
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,627
    I get all my bulbs from Peter Nyssen and have always had good service and results.
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,436
    After recommendations from this forum I've placed an order with Peter Nyssen for bulbs...........hoping for a good Spring display.
  • Uncle MortUncle Mort Posts: 40
    I have just had a look at the Peter Nyssen web site and will be taking a look at the Rose Cottage web page in the morning.

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,625
    edited July 2018
    Avon Bulbs is another reliable one. And Sarah Raven's stuff generally is good quality 
    Flying...
    Or am I falling?
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,936
    edited July 2018
    Another vote for Peter Nyssen, we got our tulip bulbs from them last year, and they put on a lovely display . I had a couple of questions and they got back to me by phone with the answers. A few weeks later l received a follow up call to check everything was ok. Not something that happens very often!
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,627
    edited July 2018
    I've been using them for almost 40 years, since reading Christopher Lloyd's endorsement of them!
    Their perennials are good too.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,551
    I used Farmer Gracy for mine. They all got tulip fire apart from a few in a cooler bed -  I think that was down to my climate. The bulbs were of good size and looked healthy enough and the prices were competitive.