Forum home The potting shed

Obvious SPAM

ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,361
Please, don't just view these posts.   Click the Flag button and then SPAM.  Only takes 5 of those for them to disappear from view and just a second or two of your time to keep the boards clean.

And yes, I know there's an algorithm somewhere spamming hundreds at a taime but there are lots of us too and the Mods get the weekend off.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,297
    edited July 2018
    Daniel posted yesterday that he's around over the weekend and will be keeping an eye on things.  :)

The Views are unlikely to be people ... they'll be views by Bots too. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,361
    I know but a whole bunch of the stuff just popped up with 9 views or more and only 3 or 4 flags.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,356
    But don’t click on five within 60 seconds or you too will be marked up as spam, I discovered.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,297
    edited July 2018
    Obelixx said:
    I know but a whole bunch of the stuff just popped up with 9 views or more and only 3 or 4 flags.
    They're unlikely to be views by people ... they're views by yet more Bots ... things like various search engines etc. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,372
    edited July 2018
    In amongst the impossible Chinese spam there are the usual table sellers that we stand some chance of managing. I flagged a couple of university ones and wasn't the only one giving it a feeble go, so some of the views are human.

One of the advantages of being a bit late in this morning was I missed the first wave 
    “It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.” ― Terry Pratchett
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 1,126
    When I logged there were 47 PAGES of them. That would take a lot more than a second to sort.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,121
    I don't know if it's practical for the forum workings to be modified to enable the flag to be set without actually going in to the topic.  If so that would make it a more practical proposition.  Personally, I find it easier simply to page through until I get to the proper stuff.