Forum home The potting shed

Photo file size limit not compatible with android

allymountain13allymountain13 Stroud, GlosPosts: 68
There is no facility to change photo file size on Android so can't upload photos.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,130
    Can you use a photo hosting site?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• allymountain13allymountain13 Stroud, GlosPosts: 68
    Yes. Could also email it to myself which automatically asks if you want to resize. But really - life's too short... Also, I suspect many gardeners aren't too interested in IT. My auntie can just about manage posting a text! I'll have a fiddle with my phone at some point :) Ta
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,130
    edited July 2018
    I often email photos to myself to post on another forum I'm a member of ... it works well ... you'd be surprised how many regulars on here are very able or even 'expert' with IT technology .... but good luck ... looking forward to seeing your photos  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,117
    There will probably be options on the phone to use lower resolution on photo's but I agree it's a faff around and shouldn't be necessary.  You can get away with much lower resolution for a photo which is only going to used on a website, but that reduced resolution will useless if you actually want to print.
    Yes. I'm having a grumpy week about photo Res. Have the opposite problem with my 2006 Nikon. Can't post photos on Shutterstock unless they're above 6 pixels. Hard to know which settings to use. Think it's time I got back to nature and did some gardening instead 😃
    Downloaded "photo resizer" app. V. Easy and quick to resize and share. Bit more complicated to add as an attachment. 
  • edited September 2018

As part of its new suite of educational apps and experiences for children, Apple is now offering 200GB of storage at no additional cost.

200GB of free iCloud storage is only for students and teachers with school-provided Apple IDs.The school has to be registered through Apple and the email address officially called as Managed Apple ID. This 200 GB free iCloud storage privilege doesn't work like the Apple Music student discount, where any student with a .edu is eligible.

Regular students and standard users of Apple devices continue to be limited to 5GB of free storage space. But we can easily upgrade our cloud storage plan from our iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. Also, Apple made it really easy for us to share our iCloud storage with our family members too. Below is iCloud storage pricing in the United States.

• The maximum file size for picture, video messages depends upon the device's network capability of your android.
  • I don't think it depends on the Network Capability of the Android smartphone but it depends on the Network solely no matter if you are uploading picture, video or an app.
  • Yes it depends, You can learn about the Internet On LogicalShout