Forum home The potting shed

Bye bye for a while

Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 2,011
Hi all. I will be giving the site a miss for a while as I can't put up with all this foreign spam. See you all soon. ......I hope. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,577
    Bon voyage, Pauline.😊
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,263
    It's all gone hasn't it?
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    It came back ans was wiped out again Fidget. Not a major problem when the mods are on duty. Imagine that on a friday night :)

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,263
    I missed this morning, too busy picking soft fruit. Summer pudding tonight. Yum.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,739
    The mods are on it so it doesn't last long now.  For the weekend we're just going to have to agree to flag spam as soon as we see it.  Only takes 5 of us so I'm sure the regulars can team up and control it.

Meanwhile, it's easy enough to scroll past.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,240
    It's a bit like weeding and you don't have to clean your fingernails
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,222
    Pauline 7 said:
    Hi all. I will be giving the site a miss for a while as I can't put up with all this foreign spam. See you all soon. ......I hope. 
    Hopefully joking, otherwise a massive over reaction to a minor problem.  The mods had it all cleared up by mid morning.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160
    Does everyone know how to flag spam? Sometimes I see spam that's had a dozen views and only two flags
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 70,348
    Some of the 'views' aren't views by human beings @nutcutlet ... they're 'views' by 'bots' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 496
    The quickest way to get rid of it is to put the poster on your ignore list and then click on Discussions.  That removes it and gives the mods a chance to get to it.  
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!