The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Sick of signing in!!!

debs64debs64 Posts: 605
whydo I constantly have to sign back into this site? All others seem to stay open but not this one and it's annoying!!! Anyone else have this issue? I use an IPhone to access the site is that the problem???

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 16,079
    I never have to sign in on my laptop.

Devon.
  • debs64debs64 Posts: 605
    Yes I think laptops are better but I do everything on my phone and it is annoying to have to sign in constantly. I just wondered if others had the same issue
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 16,079
    sorry, I don't use a smart phone. Well, I'm not " sorry I don't use a smart phone" I'm sorry I can't offer more positive advice.
    Devon.
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 4,380
    Yes, Debs, I don’t sign out on my iPad but ‘something’ often does it for me. Before I can sign myself in again I always have to redo the choices in the blue privacy box too - but best not start that subject up again😁
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 24,620
    I had to sign in for the first time this morning, laptop
    It's a minor irritation only just feeling a bit grumpy. I will go and look at my garden all refreshed after the rain last night and cheer up! This is an excellent forum and well worth a bit of bother! 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,914
    edited 14 July
    I use an iPhone to access this forum for parts of every day ... I very rarely have to sign in ... don't know what you've got set up but maybe if you go in via the Gardeners World.com page (access top left) perhaps that will work.  It's what I did early on when the site was remodelled.

If that doesn't work I think you'll have to wait until Monday when there's someone in the GW  office to work out what's going wrong. 

Good luck  :)
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
    Will try that Dove, thanks 
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 250
    I never have to sign back in on my phone. Maybe it has to do with a setting in the phone, but if you say you don’t have this problem with other sites...
  • LynLyn Posts: 9,463
    I never have to sign in on my iPad.
    i wonder if some people access the site from different ways? 
    When I first get onto the site it takes me to the page with the competitions, that one says to sign in, I just ignore that and click on Forum. No signing in needed then. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.