Christopher Evans

It is always great to hear the birds chirping in my garden but one little sparrow starts at 5.08 at sunrise and chirps ALL DAY until sunset about 9.30pm. I realise that its probably not the same sparrow but 16 hours chirping must be a Guinness World Record.
I could not leave my bedroom window open all night but fresh cooling air is quite important at this time of the Summer
There seem to be more sparrows flitting about both front and rear gardens in our road
? Has anyone else had the same experiences
Never change Tigers in Mid Stream

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,206
    Sorry about the title as it auto filled my name. I know I am the centre of the World but !!!!.........apologies friends
    Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,959
    NewBoy2 said:
    Sorry about the title as it auto filled my name. I know I am the centre of the World but !!!!.........apologies friends
    Thought for a moment you were 'that one on the radio'  :D  ;)
    We have a healthy population of sparrows here in the garden - and yes, they're noisy little b*ggers! We have even more at work [I work in a semi rural location ] and the racket they make is incredible. Great to see them thriving though as they seem to be struggling in some  areas. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,688
    NewBoy2 said:
    I think you've just solved a mystery there. I always wondered how that happened.

The sparrows do the same here but I'm too knackered to notice or care most of the time.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,561
    I thought you'd given your sparrow the name of that very chirpy morning DJ lol

Funny you should post this just now ... we have a family of house sparrows here and today they're flitting and hopping and popping about in the clematis Freckles on the trellis which is at right angles to the open sitting room window and their chirruping is enlivening the tennis ... we've got feeders out there and a bird bath and they all seem very happy  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Meant to say NewBoy- just highlight and remove the 'autofill' and put in your thread title. That's how to sort it  :)

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,113
    They use the lilac next to the conservatory all day and I think roost there at night. They nest elsewhere, but we are onto a third set of young this year all of which are brought to my garden to feed.😁
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,520
    I've been pruning cotoneaster flat against the fence. Two sparrows were hiding in there giving it large all the while.
    Why hide somewhere and squawk. It seems counterproductive to me but then, I'm not a sparrow.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    You're more of a blackbird B3 - I think.... :D 
    They make me laugh when they do that sort of thing. I was doing something outside and startled a male when he was perched on the apple tree. He looked at me as if to say 'don't DO that'...

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,701
    Not another Chris Evans, how will the country cope! 😀
    I’m sure you’re not obnoxious and loud mouthed as he is though. Apologies to anyone who likes him.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• I'll swap you our jackdaws that are nesting in the chimney pots just several feet away from our (open, because it's boiling) Velux loft bedroom window.